With so many models of drone with a price below a hundred dollars available in the market, it can be quite confusing for a person to select an appropriate one with which to start learning the art of drone flying. There are many companies offering cheap and durable Chinese imports. Although these drones may not have very impressive features when compared to other high-end drones, they can teach you some of the basics of drone flying.
One such company is Syma, which is located at Laimei Industrial Park in Guangdong, China. This company deals in designing, manufacturing and trading in state-of-the-art toys, especially drones and UAVs. This company’s products use sophisticated technology to provide great features at relatively low prices. In this article we will go through some of the highly reviewed drones manufactured by Syma.
Syma X5SW Wifi FPV Real-time 2.4G Newest RC Quadcopter Drone is very light given its durability. The propellers are guarded with plastic frames so that they do not get damaged due to accidental collisions and crashes. This drone provides high-speed, easy-to-control. You can also choose between two different transmitter modes for performing intricate flying maneuvers. The inbuilt HD camera can be used to record aerial videos, for real-time transmission of videos and for an unparallel FPV flying experience. This quadcopter drone can be purchased for around $60.
- Inbuilt 2-megapixel, high-definition camera for recording aerial videos and taking photographs.
- 50 GHz transmitter for interference-free control.
- Built-in 6-axis gyro quad rotorcraft flight for strong and stable flight movements.
- Built-in LED lights for night operations.
- 360° flip control provides continuous roll for perfect action.
- Four extra main propellers and one mobile phone holder provided in the package.
- Inbuilt HD camera has a relatively short range and low resolution.
The Syma X5SW Wifi FPV Real-time 2.4G Newest RC Quadcopter Drone is designed to be very light and durable. This quadcopter’s propellers are secured by plastic frames, which protects them during accidental collisions. The removable hull and blade guards make it quite suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage.
SYMA X5C 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Explorers Quad Copter Drone with Camera is the most popular drone used by beginners. This ready-to-fly drone comes in a modular design which makes it very easy to repair and to modify if required. You can use this mini drone for three-dimensional flying experiences, aerial video recording and to perform 360° rollovers. The inbuilt gyroscope provides level flight and stable hovering.
The 2.4 GHz wireless anti-interference remote control has a range of 30 meters and is very energy efficient during flight. The fixed position 2MP video camera with video resolution of 720 pixels can be used for recording aerial videos on the 4GB micro SD card provided in the package. This drone retails at around $40.
- Built-in gyroscope for stability during flight.
- Built-in 2MP camera for aerial video recordings.
- Fitted with blade guards for added security while landing or flying.
- LCD display to monitor current position of each control option
- LED lights under each of the four arms.
- Video recorded by this quadcopter has relatively poor resolution.
The SYMA X5C 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Explorers Quad Copter Drone with Camera is a very stable quadcopter available at a very affordable price. With two different flying modes designed for beginners and experts, it is quite easy to fly this drone.
The Syma X12 Mini Nano 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channel RC Quadcopter (RED) is a toy-sized drone with dimensions of 3.03 x 3.03 x 1.06 inches. It is quite a versatile flying machine and is specially designed for amateur drone flying enthusiasts. This drone comes fitted with a 6-axis gyroscope stabilizer to provide stable control while in the air. The integrated design makes it quite easy to fly this drone by using remote radio control up to the maximum distance of 20 meters.
This mini quadcopter requires 40 minutes to fully charge its batteries after which you can fly it for 4 minutes. The unique low voltage warning system provided with this drone notifies the user regarding the voltage levels of the battery to avoid accidental crashes. This affordable drone can be purchased for around $20.
- Small and sturdy design.
- Three-dimensional 360° rotating function.
- White LED light on the front and four (2 green and 2 red) LED lights on the top of the drone.
- Inbuilt 6-axis flight control system.
- 4-way flip feature for aerial flip stunts in all directions.
- Two flight modes.
- 4 GHz 4-channel remote control for anti-interference.
- The four LED lights on the top of the drone cannot be seen when the drone is flying.
The Syma X12 Mini Nano 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channel RC Quadcopter (RED) is a fun drone which can be used both indoors and outdoors. Even with its small dimensions, this drone provides extremely smooth flights due to the inbuilt 6-axis gyroscope.
All of the drones discussed above have their own unique features. You can select any of these drones depending upon your requirements. If you want a low-priced drone with a HD camera then you might want to choose the Syma X5SW Wifi FPV Real-time 2.4G Newest RC Quadcopter Drone.
If you are looking for a drone below fifty dollars with an inbuilt fixed camera then the SYMA X5C 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Explorers Quad Copter Drone with Camera is the best option.
The Syma X12 Mini Nano 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channel RC Quadcopter (RED) is the best choice if you are looking for a toy-sized drone and don’t mind a limited flight distance.