Due to the availability of so many quadcopters with inbuilt cameras on the market, sometimes it becomes quite difficult for people to choose the right one for their aerial videography hobby. While going through all the related products available in the market, you will find that each model has its own unique features.
If you are looking for a quadcopter especially for recording aerial videos then you should opt for the one which has the most sophisticated camera system. The most important feature to look out for in such models is the quality of camera provided as well as the size of the screen on the remote control. Some of the best quadcopters with cameras are discussed in this article to help you find the best one as per your requirements.
The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Integrated FPV Camcorder is considered as a top-range option among the drones used by professional drone flyers. The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter is fitted with a 14MP camera with 1080p HD video recording for high-quality video recordings and photographs.
The FPV Wi-Fi streaming feature used in this quadcopter helps the user to watch and share live 1080p digital videos. The included Wi-Fi extender allows live video streaming up to range of 980 feet. This quadcopter can be controlled by using your iOS or Android device, and retails at roughly $700.
- Comes with pre-configured GPS technology.
- Failsafe modes for auto takeoff and landing.
- 14MP camera with 1080p HD video recording.
- Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC).
- Expected flying time of twenty five minutes.
- Vision positioning system for indoor flying using optical flow technology.
- Relatively expensive.
Some users experience problems with invalid batteries. The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter uses state-of-the-art technology to provide ease of handling this drone while flying in order to provide stable and smooth footage in 1080p high definition from all directions. This product is recommended for those persons who have some previous experience in drone flying.
This palm-sized drone is quite a versatile flying machine designed with lightweight airframe for amateur aerial photography enthusiasts. This drone comes fitted with an inbuilt fixed 0.3M pixels camera with a resolution of 640 X 380 thus providing better viewing ability and live video streaming in the range of 100 meters.
The integrated design makes it quite easy to fly this drone by using the remote radio control up to the maximum distance of 100 meters while watching the surrounding scenery on the 4-inch LCD screen provided on the remote control. This quadcopter can be bought for around $165.
- Light weighted with a durable structure.
- Inbuilt 6-axis flight control system with adjustable gyro sensitivity.
- Instant video preview on remote control screen.
- Immersive FPV flight.
- Aerial video recording on SD card.
- 4 GHz 4-channel remote control.
- Inbuilt 0.3 MP camera for video recording.
- 4 LED lights for night operations.
- Aerial views on the LCD screen of the remote control lack definition and crispness.
The Hubsan X4 Quadcopter with FPV Camera is quite a fun drone which can allow the user to catch some serious aerial video footage by using its inbuilt 0.7 MP camera. Even with its palm sized dimensions, this drone provides extremely smooth flights due to the inbuilt 6-axis gyroscope and immersive FPV flight feature.
The Yuneec Q500+ Typhoon Quadcopter is designed to provide full HD 1080p 60 FPS video and 16 megapixel photographs. This state-of-the-art quadcopter comes with its own unique features which are not available in other quadcopters with cameras. One of the unique features of this model is the “Follow Me” feature which allows this quadcopter to automatically track the transmitter so that it follows you as you carry the transmitter.
When you opt for Home Mode, then Q500 will automatically return to the origin of its take off. The handheld gimbal provided in the package allows the user to use the camera of this quadcopter independently to take steady photographs. The package including the Yuneec Q500+ Typhoon Quadcopter, an aluminum case, a 32 GB micro SD card and a handeld gimbal can be purchased for around $1,100.
- Complete, ready-to-fly system.
- 16 Megapixel Full HD 1080p 60FPS camera with special lens for minimum image distortion.
- Unique ‘Follow Me’ feature which allows this drone to automatically follow the user.
- Real-time feed from camera to 5.5” touch screen provided on the remote control.
- Extra long flight times ranging up to 25 minutes.
- Three different flying modes.
- Current package includes aluminum case, 32 GB Micro SD card, one extra battery, extra propellers and a handheld CGO SteadyGrip Gimbal.
- Sometimes the images this quadcopter’s camera produces are too sharp or are oversaturated.
The Yuneec Q500+ Typhoon Quadcopter is purposely designed for aerial photography and is quite large in size when compared to other quadcopters of the same category. The unique features of this quadcopter such as the camera gimbal system, different flight modes and relatively easy control make it perfect for many users, including those people who have only basic knowledge of flying drones.
After going through all the features of the quadcopters discussed above, the best option is the Yuneec Q500+ Typhoon Quadcopter as it comes with many unique features which are not available in other quadcopters of the same category. The second best option is the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter as it is fitted with a 14MP camera with 1080p HD video recording for high quality video recordings and photographs.
The FPV Wi-Fi streaming feature used in this quadcopter lets the user watch and share live 1080p digital videos. If you are looking for a simple device for aerial photography with limited range then you might want to choose the Hubsan X4 Quadcopter with FPV Camera as this drone comes fitted with an inbuilt fixed 0.3M pixels camera with a resolution of 640 X 380 thus providing better viewing ability and live video streaming in the range of 100 meters.