If you are interested in aerial photography then this is the right time to indulge in such a hobby as there are many affordable models of drones with cameras available on the market. Gone are the days when only expert photographers or cameramen used such equipment for catching ground shots from the air or creating aerial visuals for an “inside the cockpit” experience. These days a simple drone can cost below one hundred dollars, while the prices of drones with sophisticated cameras start at about one thousand dollars.
The majority of the high-range models for such activities are fitted with Global Positioning Systems, stabilizers and gyroscopes in order to keep them steady while in flight and provide stable hovering over one spot even when facing turbulent air currents. In this article we will go through some of the best drones with cameras to help you find the perfect one as per your requirements.
This updated version of the U818A-1 Discovery 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter is the perfect device for people who have just ventured into the field of aerial photography. It’s an affordable model, available for less than $100. This quadcopter is quite tough and can cope with any type of moderate accident. Four loop frame designs provide the required safety to rotors while you are learning the intricate process of drone flying.
The 4-channel handheld remote control helps in easy operations and provides a stable flying experience.
- Upgraded movie resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
- Removable Micro-SD (TF) card for high-definition video recordings.
- Data port for uploading recorded videos and photographs.
- LCD screen for full control of the drone.
- Roll button for video capturing in all directions.
- Occasional video quality issues as the SD card provided is sometimes faulty.
This updated version of the UDI U818A-1 Discovery is best for users who want a drone for three-dimensional flips and rolls, to flash signal lights to friends, and to record high-definition movies and photos from the sky. This model is perfect for beginners.
This 5.8G FPV Headless Mode RC Quadcopter with HD Camera Monitor and dual controls is perfect for both amateur and experts alike, who will love its professional level aerial videography and photography. The inbuilt high-definition camera provides clear and precise pictures of up to two million pixels. The new CVT function provides seamless shift, controlled acceleration/deceleration and precise throttle control. This multipurpose machine can be used indoors and outdoors depending upon the efficiency of the handler. This quadcopter can be purchased for around $125.
- Headless mode for adjusting the free position of the drone before takeoff.
- Return function for homing back to the area of takeoff.
- 4 G Transmitter for better control.
- LED Light for night flying.
- FPV monitor to check video footage.
- 0 Megapixel high definition camera.
- Average flight time is about 10 minutes depending upon the rotational speed selected by the user. This is relatively short when compared with other drones of the same category.
This drone is designed for high-level users. The 2.4GHz band signal makes its operation more precise and controlled and allows for more distant remote control than other devices in the same category. Its unique design with replaceable batteries offers uninterrupted aerial flights
This professional quadcopter drone from DJI’s Phantom series comes with a 3-axis 4000 UHD video camera for clear and high quality videos and photographs. The Lightbridge technology used in this aerial craft offers 720 pixels of high definition live video streaming which can be shared by using the DJI Pilot app’s advanced features. This drone can be controlled by using an iPad or Android device to monitor its movements which makes it very easy to operate. The DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Drone can be purchased for around $1,250.
- Vision positioning that includes integrated array of optical and ultrasonic sensors for indoor operations.
- High power flight battery.
- Built-in database of no-fly zones which prevents the motor of the drone from starting if you are in a sensitive area.
- Comes with pre-configured GPS technology for auto takeoffs and landings.
- Flight battery capable of providing 23 minutes of flying time when fully charged.
- 16 GB Micro-SD card.
- Operational range of 1.24 miles.
- Vision positioning system for indoor flying using optical flow technology.
- Relatively expensive.
- Users manual only provides limited instructions.
The DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Drone with 4K UHD Video Camera uses state-of-the-art technology to provide ease of handling while flying and provide smooth live footage in 720p high definition from all directions. This product is recommended for those persons who have some previous experience of drone flying.
Weighing up all the features of the drones discussed above, the DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Drone with 4K UHD Video Camera is the best choice with its inbuilt 3-axis 4000 UHD video camera for clear and high quality videos and photographs. The Lightbridge technology used in this aerial craft allows 720 pixels of high-definition live video streaming which can be shared by using the DJI Pilot app’s advanced features.
The second best option is the JJRC H8D 6-Axis 2.4Ghz Gyro RTF RC Quadcopter because of its inbuilt high-definition camera that provides clear and precise pictures of up to two million pixels. The new CVT function provides seamless shift, controlled acceleration/deceleration and precise throttle control.
If you have just ventured into this hobby and are looking for a reasonably priced drone with exceptional features then you should opt for the UDI U818A-1 Discovery which is capable of three-dimensional flips and rolls and can flash signal lights to friends or record high definition movies and photos.